Grimston, Saxelbye & Shoby Parish Council

 

MINUTES OF GRIMSTON, SAXELBYE AND SHOBY PARISH COUNCIL HELD

        ON 02ND SEPT 2019 AT 7.30 P.M. AT SAXELBYE SCHOOL ROOM

 

PRESENT

Mrs. E. Madocks Wright (Chairman)

Mr. R. Easom

Mrs F.P.F. Read

Mr R Marsh

Bharat Rana (Clerk)

Cllr J. Orson

5 members of public present

 

  1. Apologies: Cllr Browne

MELTON UPDATE FROM CLLR J ORSON

  • £14m Melton by pass extension agreed (£30m in total)
  • MBC Manifesto published in Melton Times
  • Melton expecting 40% increase in population. Services such as Drs Surgeries are currently addressed. CCG will decide.
  • “One Show” coming to Melton with “Rickshaw Challenge” date announced mid-October.
  • Chestnut tree in Grimston village green area may need trimming due to electricity lines

 

  1. To approve the minutes of the previous meeting July 2019 and amended June 2019
  2. Declarations of interest. NA
  3. Matters arising from Minutes July 2019
  4. Saxelbye Phone Box. PC would like to take ownership of Kiosk. Richard Cowdell offered to help restore it. VL also have a volunteer.
  5. Station Yard Use. No update from Reddy Nallamilli

 

  1. Correspondence
  2. Bus service 113 (Melton to Oakham) and service 24 (Melton to Bottesford / Bingham). Awaiting MBC review
  3. Grimston Church Step. Closed item as Richard Cowdell has made a ramp.
  4. Village Green registration with Joy Estate solicitors. Letter to Joy solicitors to be drafted by clerk to accept the Joy family gesture of paying for the VG registration a cost of £750 plus vat. This should cover all costs and PC will pay for the Land Registry fees should there be any.
  5. Neighbourhood Planning Workshops. 10th and 12th September

   

  1. Accounts as of 6th Aug 2019

Current Account Balance                             £3094.48

Deposit Account Balance                               £2141.66

           (a)  Authorise Payments.

 

  1. Planning Matters. NA
  2. Any Other Business.

Tony Lomas sprayed weed killer around the war memorial and children’s play area.

50 Mile an hour restriction along Loughborough Road being instigated later this year.

Cllr Marsh suggested the speaker for next Annual Parish Meeting could be the local Dogs Trust on Dog Training.

Planning observations must now be submitted as Consultee Comments to avoid the confusion as with a recent application about Parish Council Observations

Chairman (Mrs Madocks Wright) asked PC might consider donation to the Church. VC (Mr Lomas) stated it has always been the policy of PC not to do so with any charity or church as it might set a precedent. Mr Easom agreed. Cllr Marsh said that he supported the idea by Chair.

Chairman (Mrs Madocks Wright) asked PC might consider an equal number of meetings arranged between Saxelbye and Grimston. Cllr Easom disagreed on the basis that apart from today, generally we don’t have public attend Saxelbye but they do attend Grimston. Also, Saxelbye is not conducive in winter months due to the cold.

  1. Date and Venue of next Meetings at Grimston Village Hall
  2. MON 7TH OCT 7.30PM
  3. MON 18TH NOV 7.30PM 
  4. MON 13TH JAN 2020 7.30PM
  5. Annual Parish Meeting 2020. MON 27th April 2020
  6. AGM 2020: Mon 11th May 2020

          

Signed……………………………………………………… 

 

 

Dated………………………………………………

 

 

Print Name ………………………….

© 2017 Stuart Inkley Computer Services. All Rights Reserved.