MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF GRIMSTON, SAXELBYE AND SHOBY PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON WEDNESDAY 25TH OCTOBER 2017 AT GRIMSTON

UNAPPROVED MINUTES
MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF GRIMSTON, SAXELBYE AND
SHOBY PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON WEDNESDAY 25TH OCTOBER 2017 AT GRIMSTON


PRESENT

Mr. R. Marsh (Chairman)
Mr. R. Easom
Mr. J.A. Lomas
Mrs. E. Madocks Wright
Mrs. M. Fenton (Clerk)

1 Member of the Public


APOLOGIES  -   F. Read & Cllr. E. Hutchison


The Chairman welcomed everyone to the Meeting.  There were no matters to discuss in the first 30 minutes.


MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING

The Minutes of the Meeting held on 13th September 2017 were approved and signed.


DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

Mr. R. Marsh declared an interest in the Appointment of Parish Clerk.


MATTERS ARISING

Prior Notifications for Change of Use of Agricultural Buildings - Cllr. Hutchison and Jim Worley were not available to attend tonight’s Meeting.  Clerk will ask Cllr. Hutchison to try to arrange for Jim Worley or representative to attend next Parish Council Meeting.

Appointment of Parish Clerk -  Chairman reported 3 applications have been received.   Agreed the interview panel will comprise R. Easom, J.A. Lomas and E. Madocks-Wright and the Clerk will be in attendance in order to answer any technical questions that might arise.  Chairman to arrange interviews and liaise.  The Clerk commented that Parish Council records etc. now consist of 2 cabinets and a box of old planning applications.   The Parish Council decided the archive Minutes should be sent to Leics. County Records Office for safe keeping.  

Transparency Fund 2017 - 2018 Application  Clerk reported she has today heard from LRALC that application for £1702.56 has been successful to cover website set up costs, laptop, printer/scanner and software.  Parish Council can now go ahead and purchase lap top, printer/scanner and software required.  Discuss further at next Meeting.

Broadband Update - Mr. Easom reported Jane and Fleur attended Stakeholder Meeting on 9th October at County Hall.

Community Response Plan Update -  Now been circulated to all Parish Councillors and decided Clerk will fill in essential information and then to be kept on file for reference and referred to on website.


Leicestershire’s Future Big Discussions Event about Great Communities - Chairman reported on Event attended at Asfordby Village Hall.

Play Area -  Clerk to remind Ray Barratt to cut Play Area hedge and tidy War Memorial before
11th November.

Tree Survey - Clerk to contact Leics. County Council to carry out 3 yearly Tree Survey.  Make appointment for at least 1 Parish Councillor to be present in order to discuss Horse Chestnut and Hornbeam Tree.


CORRESPONDENCE

The following items were brought to the attention of the Council:-
Biffa Recycling Centre - Waste & Recycling Workshops and Action Days.  

Chief Constable Simon Coles -  Parish Councils September Meeting Update.  Circulated.

Rural Community Council - AGM.  To be held 30th October at 6.00 pm at Birstall Golf Club.

Scalford Neighbourhood Development Plan.  Can be viewed at htttps://www.meltonplan.co.uk/scalford

LRALC - The Good Councillor’s Guide to Finance and Transparency 2017.  Clerk commented LRALC has stated it is important this is brought to the attention of all Parish Councillors.  Circulated.


GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR) AND DATA PROTECTION BILL

A data Protection Officer must be appointed and Parish Council need to determine who should act as Data Protection Officer.  LRALC are holding a Workshop on 31st January to give Clerks and Councillors an insight into the issues and challenges to meet the requirements of both pieces of legislation.  2 places to be booked.


ACCOUNTS

Current Account      £3802.03               Deposit Account    £2137.05

Received £2788.96 Precept & Council Tax Support Grant            

Cheques signed as follows:-
E-on (Sept charge)                            £  40.94
BDG Mowing Contractors (Sept)                    £100.00
Grimston P.C.C. (Mowing Contribution)                £100.00
Saxelbye P.C.C. (Mowing Contribution)                £100.00
M. Fenton (Salary 1/7/17 - 30/9/17)                    £525.00
Royal British Legion (Wreath)                    £  20.00


PLANNING MATTERS

Field 9734, Saxelbye (Application No. 17/00816/FUL).  Erection of multiple buildings to create a new farming complex.  Not considered at Planning Committee Meeting on 19th October and Parish Council will be informed of revised date.





ANY OTHER BUSINESS

Remembrance Service - Saturday 11th November.  Richard Easom (Vice Chairman) to lay wreath.  Rupert not available.   Clerk to contact Alison Williams to enquire whether doing display in Village Hall.  Clerk & Di Grace to serve refreshments and donations to The Royal British Legion.

Concern raised again of milk tanker going down Ostler’s Lane, Saxelbye and eroding bank.  Chairman to obtain correct name & address of company and Clerk to write suggesting they should go out on to Saltway.


DATE AND VENUE OF NEXT MEETING

Wednesday 6th December 2017 at 7.30 pm at Grimston.
© 2017 Stuart Inkley Computer Services. All Rights Reserved.