MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF GRIMSTON, SAXELBYE AND SHOBY PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON MONDAY 13TH JULY 2015 AT SAXELBYE


PRESENT

Mr. R. Easom  (Chairman)

Mr. J.A. Lomas

Miss F. Read

Mr. J. Davies

Mr. R. Marsh

Mrs. M. Fenton (Clerk)

Cllr. Hutchison & Cllr. Orson

APOLOGIES  - None

The Chairman asked the Councillors if they had any matters to report on.
Cllr. Orson commented on changes in the Electoral Boundary Review of Leicestershire County Council.   He stated it is possible part of Melton will be put into the Asfordby Division.  He also reported on County Council’s ways of finding savings.
Cllr. Hutchison reported on the Melton Local Plan.  He stated Reference Groups will be reviewed and a discussion took place regarding village categories for planning.

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING

The Minutes of the Meeting held on 1st June 2015 were approved and signed.

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

The Members had no interests to declare at this stage.

MATTERS ARISING

Dog Fouling - Clerk reported she had received feedback from note in Village Life stating there is a problem with dog fouling on grass verges in Saxelbye.  Lot of walkers, with dogs not always on leads.  Suggested Dog Bin should be put by Village Sign or White Posts up towards Glebe Farm.  Parish Council decided to monitor situation and review in 3 months.
Parish Council Liaison Meeting - Chairman and Clerk reported on Meeting attended.  Discussion took place regarding Parish Councillor attendance at Planning Site Meetings.
LRALC Melton Branch AGM - John Davies reported on Meeting attended. He stated Employee Pensions were discussed.  Clerk stated has looked into this matter but will check for more information.
Melton Local Plan Reference Groups - Clerk commented Rebecca Vickers happy to continue with Residents Group but Laura thought better if one of new Parish Councillors attended Environment & Rural Reference Group Meetings.  
Broadband Update - Most Questionnaires have now been returned and information to be collated within next few weeks.  Decided not necessary to invite Matthew Kempson to Meeting at present time.

CORRESPONDENCE

The following items were brought to the attention of the Council:-
Melton Borough Council - Civic Service 19th July 3.30 pm at St. Mary’s Parish Church.  Chairman to attend.
ROSPA - Play Area Safety Inspection Report received.  Timber rotting on fencing.  Goal sleeve of Football Post should be flush or below surface level.  Toddler & Junior Play Area Safety Surface needs topping up.  Monitor softness in supports on Toddler Swings.  Clerk to order cushionfall and deliver to Play Area.
John Davies agreed to look at Play Area and report back to next Meeting.
Leics. County Council - Consultation on Leics. Minerals & Waste Local Plan.    
www.leics.gov.uk/minerals and_waste_local_plan
Rural Community Council -  Applying to be a Trustee.
Dept. for Communities & Local Government - Transparency Code for Smaller Authorities.  Clerk reported Accounts and Annual Return must be published on Parish Council Website.  Information handed to John Davies to scan onto website.
Booklets Handed Out|:
Clerks & Councils Direct

ACCOUNTS

Current Account £2255.12
Deposit Account £2133.94

Cheques signed as follows:-
T. Tomlinson (Play Area repairs) £140.00
David Musson Fencing Ltd £138.66
E-on (May & June charge) £65.55
LRALC (Training & Folders) £40.51
Summerland Contractors & Son £176.00
M. Fenton (Salary 1/4/15 - 30/6/15) £500.00

The Clerk circulated HSBC Mandate Form to be completed by Parish Councillors.  Clerk to return to HSBC and new Councillors to take in any documents necessary.

PLANNING MATTERS

Grimston Tunnel, Saxelbye Lane, Grimston (Application No. 15/00190/FUL).   The installation of a
GSM-R mast for a temporary Period of 10 years.  Approval of Planning Permission received.
Field OS2900, Main Street, Saxelbye (Application No. 15/00364/FUL).  Proposed dwelling with associated stables & driveway.  Application received after Agenda sent out.  Observations to be in by 10th August.  Agreed more information required.  Decided to hold Site Meeting and discuss at next Meeting to be held 5th August.
Japonica Cottage, 17 Main Street, Saxelbye (Application No. 15/00166/FUL).  Refusal of Planning Permission received.
Shoby Lodge Farm, Farm (Application No. 15/00333/FULHH).  Approval of Planning Permission received.
Brook Farm, Church Lane, Saxelbye (Application No. 15/00311/FUL)  Approval of Planning Permission received.  (Change of use of existing agricultural buildings to form 2 new private dwellings).

ANY OTHER BUSINESS

Complaint has been received that a Beech Hedge has been planted on the highway on Church Lane, Saxelbye.  Decided Clerk to email Cllr. Orson with details to forward to appropriate officer at Leics. County Council and Clerk to inform Brook Farm residents this matter has been brought to the attention of the Parish Council.
Rupert Marsh commented an Apple Tree has been removed at Church Farm, Saxelbye.  Clerk to contact Geoff Johnson.

DATE AND VENUE OF NEXT MEETING

Wednesday 5th August 2015 at 7.30 pm at Saxelbye.
© 2017 Stuart Inkley Computer Services. All Rights Reserved.