MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF GRIMSTON, SAXELBYE AND SHOBY PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON WEDNESDAY 2ND DECEMBER 2015 AT GRIMSTON


PRESENT

Mr. R. Easom  (Chairman)
Mr. J.A. Lomas
Mr. J. Davies
Mr. R. Marsh
Mrs. M. Fenton (Clerk)

APOLOGIES  - F. Read & Cllr. E. Hutchison

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING

The Minutes of the Meeting held on 19th October 2015 were approved and signed.

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

The Members had no interests to declare at this stage.

MATTERS ARISING

Openness & Transparency Code - John Davies stated he had looked through the correspondence and happy that the Parish Council were complying with the Code.  Correspondence to be put on file
Important Open Areas and review Map - The Clerk circulated Statement of Consultation carried out in February 2006 and a copy of map showing Village Envelope and Important Open Areas in old Melton Local Plan.  The Parish Council agreed this has reminded them where the Important Open Areas are in Parish and agreed happy and not necessary to amend.
Broadband Update - Received less than 50% of replies back.  Chairman reported Jane and Fleur have been in contact with Geoff Johnson and possible to re-set from Wartnaby by microwave.  Will update when more details available.

CORRESPONDENCE

The following items were brought to the attention of the Council:-
Local Government Boundary Commission - Electoral Review of Leics. Draft Recommendations.  Notice has been put on parish Notice Boards advertising consultation.  Can be viewed at https://consultation.lgbce.org.uk/node/5186
LRALC Melton Branch Meeting 8th December.  John Davies agreed to attend.
Melton Borough Council - Carols by Candlelight Christmas Service.  Chairman to attend.
Melton Borough Council - Ab Kettleby Neighbourhood Development Plan.  Available for comment at  planningpolicy@melton.gov.uk by 15th January 201       6.
Booklets to hand out
Clerks & Councils Direct

BRITISH RED CROSS

Appeal for new Fire & Emergency Support Vehicle.  The Parish Council agreed to continue with policy of not donating to charity from Parish Funds.  Clerk to obtain correspondence from Fleur and reply to British Red Cross.

GRASS MOWING CONTRACT

Summerland Contractors & Son have confirmed they are not able to continue mowing the Village Green and Play Area next year.  The Parish Council decided Clerk should get 3 quotes for mowing 2 Village Greens and Play Area from May - October twice per month.

ACCOUNTS

Current Account £2340.43
Deposit Account £2134.68

Cheques signed as follows:-
E-on (Oct charge) £33.31
The Royal British Legion (Wreath) £20.00
Community Heartbeat (Pads for defibrillator) £78.00

The Clerk circulated Budget for 2016/2017 and discussed Council Tax Support Grant.

The Parish Council agreed to increase precept £500 to £5500.00.

It was decided the Clerk’s Salary remain as last year at £2000.00 per annum plus expenses and will be reviewed next year.

PLANNING MATTERS

Brook Farm, 1 Church Lane, Saxelbye (Application No. 15/00868/TCA).  Fell 2 diseased Horse Chestnut Trees, replant with a Copper Beech in the same place and fell 3 small Horse Chestnut Trees. For information.  This work has already been carried out.  Parish Council agreed Clerk contacts Melton Borough Council and suggests they remind the Applicant of the correct procedure.  Work should not be carried out before receive Consent.
Clerk to ask Leics. County Council for copy of letter serving notice to remove Beech Hedge.
Aylesford Farm, Main Street, Shoby (Application No. 15/00905/GDOCOU).   Conversion of disused agricultural building to residential use.  General Development Order - For information only.
Brook Farm, 1 Church Lane, Saxelbye (Application No. 15/00900/LBC).  Repositioning of a shed with an existing approved permission 15/00203/LBC.  The Parish Council has no observations.
Mowbray Lodge, 3 Perkins Lane, Grimston (Application No. 15/00738/TCA).  Consent to Work on Trees received.
The Yews, 5 Perkins Lane, Grimston  (Application No. 15/00739/TCA).  Consent to Work on Trees received.

ANY OTHER BUSINESS

The Chairman asked the Parish Councillors if they have any suggestions for a speaker at the Annual Parish Meeting in April.  To be discussed at the next Meeting.
Rupert Marsh asked if CTV cameras had been considered.  The Chairman commented Facilitas had approached the Parish Council and decided to turn down.  Decided to contact Hoby Parish Council.

DATE AND VENUE OF NEXT MEETING

Monday 11th January 2016 at 7.30 pm at Grimston.
© 2017 Stuart Inkley Computer Services. All Rights Reserved.