MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF GRIMSTON, SAXELBYE AND SHOBY PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON MONDAY 12TH FEBRUARY 2018 AT GRIMSTON  

 

 

PRESENT

 

Mr. R. Marsh (Chairman)

Mr. R. Easom

Mr. J.A. Lomas

Mrs. E. Madocks Wright

Mrs F.P.F. Read

Bharat Rana (Clerk)

 

 

0 Members of Public

Ward Cllr. Ed Hutchison

 

 

APOLOGIES -   NA

 

 

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING

 

The Minutes of the Meeting held on 10th January 2018 were approved and signed.

 

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

 

None

 

MATTERS ARISING

 

Transparency Fund Purchases: 

Clerk ordered laptop, printer/scanner, case, mouse and Mircosoft Office.  Total funding for items and set up is £560.00. Delivery within 10 days.

 

Parish website;

Bharat now has access and will be receiving training in due course. Website update will coincide with this training.

 

BT Chairman letter:

Awaiting approval from Chair regarding the telephone and broadband failure over Christmas and New Year 2017/2018

 

Parish council tree Tress Works agreed

- £544 plus VAT and include an application to the council which will cost £50 

Walkers is the firm chosen. Richard Chapman to be contacted from the Leicestershire County Council. 

 

Training course: Bharat to attend 3 Clerk’s Training Session in February.  Cost £40 per session.

 

Grimston Defibrillator replacement batteries ordered £225 + VAT plus delivery and new pads £30. 

 

 

CORRESPONDENCE

 

The following items were brought to the attention of the Council: -

 

HM Revenue and Customs- Parish Income Tax requirement for Clerks payroll. Clerk to action

HM Revenue and Customs – Parish Tax refund received £122.16

Strategic Growth Plan for Leicester & Leicestershire: Consultation Draft Plan discussed and Online

questionnaire and document to read.  http://www.llstrategicgrowthplan.org.uk/

 

Councillor mentoring courses for Councillors wanting to be a Mentor or receive additional support was discussed.

Great British Spring Clean:  Sun 4th March. Signs up in village and village life. Coffee offered by Black Horse from 9am. Etta to collect from Local Council offices the items required for the clean-up.

 

2018 Mayors awards. Three awards. Nominations in by 5th March. Mary Fenton to be nominated as “Melton Borough Award” for work as Parish Clerk. Bharat to nominate and rest of Parish to do same.

 

  1. GDPR Update on LCPAS Sector Specific Services. Two points. Personal email addresses cannot be used and Bharat to look into council emails being provided. Secondly we cannot have a Data Protection person we need to use LCPAS.
  2. Safety Partnership. Put it round the village. Sue Oakes Community safety office. Complete one as PC. With comment by Bharat as Clerk about
  3. Shoby traffic issues
  4. Speeding and fly tipping
  5. could open the Melton Tip more often and and opening hours not clear

 

Cllr Hutchison mentioned

  1. Final stages for Waste partner to be decided for Melton including deciding on the Green Waste company. New contract to provide good education and awareness to community about what can be recycled.

 

  1. By-Elections: For elections in between, main elections. Parish Council elections may have to be paid from out of Precepts. Melton pays for Local Council election currently.

Melton local plan examination complete and now in review period before a feedback from them. Recommendations will be advised

 

ACCOUNTS

Current Account Balance                               £1986.26 After below deductions

 

Deposit Account Balance                              £2137.05

 

 

Cheques to sign tonight

12/02/2018

Tony Tomlinson Play Area

na

101032

£25.50

0

£25.50

12/02/2018

SI Computer Services Ltd . Laptop

na

101033

£560.00

0

£560.00

12/02/2018

Eon

na

101034

£42.30

0

£42.30

12/02/2018

R. Marsh for Marys waitrose vouchers

na

101035

£150.00

0

£150.00

12/02/2018

R. Easom. Marys Flowers

na

101036

£20.00

0

£20.00

         

Grand total

£797.80

 

 

 

PLANNING MATTERS

 

Six Hills Golf Course (Application No. 17/01374/OUT).  Demolition of current facility.

1.a. Six Hills Golf Course - Development of New Garden Village.  (Application No. 17/01374/OUT)

Observation from Parish Council to be submitted on the following grounds.

 

Main objections from the General Public who attended Public meeting as part of Parish Council meeting 10th January:

  1. All the roads around would have to re-planned and redone because existing arrangements of the roads are not capable of handling the extra 6000 cars of traffic proposed. Shoby crossroads at 10am very busy now after rush hour - imagine extra traffic and extra people.
  2. It is going to affect the A46 and ALL surrounding areas. Especially from Seagrave to Leicester. Coming out at night coming north then both lanes are completely busy.
  3. The Saltway is busy now and on some mornings, cannot get through the crossroads and have to go through Shoby.
  4. To see the affect this development will have please review the congestion now apparent from the M1 to Hobby Horse roundabout at peak times due to housing developments along both sides of the A46 from Ratby junction to Glenfield and Anstey turn off, finally the Birstall turn off.
  5. Ed Hutchinson said that the money we might get from the 106 contribution will never cover the necessary improvements for the infrastructure of the roads. It wouldn’t take the pressure off surrounding villages at all. 

 

Stable Opposite 73 Main Street Grimston  (Application No. 18/00019/OUT): Proposed outline application for 7 No 'Entry Level' Dwellings including demolition of existing commercial buildings.

 

Observation to be submitted by Bharat as Parish Clerk

Initially the single house proposed was supported by the Parish Council but this application was refused on appeal. Now on same site 7 starter homes are proposed.

No site visit required as already been done.

The build will mean that a gap will appear between there and the Village entrance which then in future may be filled in. This will mean a very large addition to the village which would not be in keeping with the village character.

It would spoil the entrance to the village. It will not improve it.

Wrong type of housing for a village that isn’t to be developed

 

ANY OTHER BUSINESS      

 

Black Horse has complained about Fish and chip van with signage and is asking if they can have a sign outside. The signage from van was only there to advise people that there had been a change of days.

 

Haydon from Black Horse to approach the borough council and ask if there are any special riles he needs to be aware of for displaying a sign.

 

Water leak at pub. This has been reported back in Nov 2017 and Bharat to chase up.   Got call its on their works sheet.

 

Ask Mary if the precept been sorted. Yes its been done

 

Pavement on Church Lane Saxelbye by the church is slippery and mossy. Bharat to call Highways. Reported to Melton Mowbray. The Street Cleaning Team                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

 

Common wealth invite. Common wealth service sun 11th march at Leicester cathedral.

 

AGM posters out:  14th may 2018 Grimstom Hall 7.30pm

 

Annual Parish Meeting Posters out: Jeremy Prescott speaking on 100 years end of WW1 Mon 23rd April 2018 meeting 7.30pm. Grimston Village Hall

 

 

 

 

 

DATE AND VENUE OF NEXT MEETING

 

Mon 19th March 2018 at 7.30 pm at Grimston.

 

 

 

 

Signed…………………………                                                         Dated…………………..

 

 

Print name…………………….

 

 

© 2017 Stuart Inkley Computer Services. All Rights Reserved.