MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF GRIMSTON, SAXELBYE AND SHOBY PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON MONDAY 25TH JULY 2016 AT SAXELBYE


PRESENT

Mr. J.A. Lomas  (Chairman)

Mr. R. Marsh

Mr. R. Easom

Mr. J. Davies

Mrs. M. Fenton (Clerk)

Cllr. Orson

1 Member of the Public

APOLOGIES  - Cllr. Hutchison

The Chairman welcomed everyone to the Meeting.

Cllr. Orson stated Asfordby County Council Ward is to be changed to Melton Wolds Ward and will include Wymondham and Freeby.  He then commented on the progress of the Melton Local Plan.  It should be finalised by July and go to inspection February 2017.  The Borough needs to find 6,500 houses in next 20 years.  He also updated on the landslide at Broughton Hill.

Cllr. Orson then left the Meeting.

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING

The Minutes of the Meeting held on 13th June 2016 were approved and signed.

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

The Members had no interests to declare at this stage.

MATTERS ARISING

Broadband Update - Richard Easom stated a reply has been received from Alan Duncan.  Clerk reported Niall Mullin has provided notes for file and has sent email thanking him for attending Parish Council Meeting.

Electricity Supply Charges - Parish Council agreed should change electricity supplier to Southern Electric.  Will then be saving of £15.48 per year if pay by Direct Debit.  Clerk to set up Direct Debit at Bank and confirm new Contract with Southern Electric.

Parish Council Liaison Meeting - Richard Easom reported on Agenda Setting Meeting he and Clerk attended.  Next Parish Council Liaison Meeting to be held Monday 5th September.  Item will be on Agenda re Dumping of Litter in lay-bys.  Richard and Chairman to attend (if available) or Clerk.

Grimston Village Green Mowing  - Agreed this was now looking much better

Saxelbye Update -  Beech Hedge has not yet been removed.  Clerk to remind Leics. County Council.  Rupert reported he had received comments regarding over-hanging bushes and thorns on Church Lane.  Decided this was on the highway and not private land and will mention to Cllr. Orson.

CORRESPONDENCE

The following items were brought to the attention of the Council:-

Midlands Rural Housing - Housing Needs Study.  Agreed to invite Richard Mugglestone (Project Manager) to Parish Council Meeting to answer any questions about the Survey and discuss how the Parish Council can be involved.

ROSPA - Play Area Safety Inspection Report

Clerk reported inspection stated timber rotting on fencing, recommended clean goal posts, toddler swing supports should be monitored regularly and Safety Surface requires raking.

John Davies agreed to continue to carry out regular maintenance checks and Clerk to liaise with Fleur re Safety Surface.

LRALC - Branch Areas & Newsletter Updates

Leics. County Council - Pre-Submission Consultation on Leics. Minerals & Waste Local Plan.  Consultation

provides final opportunity to comment on draft policies and proposals.

www.leics.gov.uk/minerals_and_waste_local_plan

ACCOUNTS

Current Account £2580.46
Deposit Account £2135.42

Cheques signed as follows:-

E-on (June charge) £32.24

Summerland’s £110.00

Playsafety Ltd. (Annual Inspection) £79.80

M. Fenton (Salary 1/4/16 - 30/6/16) £500.00

PLANNING MATTERS

Japonica Cottage, Grimston - Clerk to make enquires with Melton Borough Council if Appeal Decision has yet been made

Grimston Lodge Stables - Clerk to make enquiries with Melton Borough Council if decision has been made re Application 16/00068/FUL and confirmation the archway is definitely being put back.

Discussion was carried out regarding publishing Planning Applications in Village Life.  Decided best not to but continue with putting on Agenda and on website.  Public Notice is always displayed by Melton Borough Council adjacent to Application site for information and reference.

ANY OTHER BUSINESS

1.  Complaint received that trailer is again parked on Main Street, Grimston.  Clerk to liaise with Cllr. Orson.

2.  Chairman reported on Civic Service attended at Bottesford.

3.  Clerk to contact Tony Tomlinson to clean posts and wash chains on Green in front of The Black Horse and clean and paint posts at War Memorial

4.  Agreed “No Parking Sign” on Village Green needs replacing.  Clerk to ask Tony Tomlinson if able to make sign and look into signage.

5.  Clerk to inform E-on Street Light on Perkins Lane opposite Flint’s needs repairing.

DATE AND VENUE OF NEXT MEETING

Monday 12th September 2016 at 7.30 pm. at The Old School, Saxelbye.

© 2017 Stuart Inkley Computer Services. All Rights Reserved.