MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF GRIMSTON, SAXELBYE AND SHOBY PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON MONDAY 14TH SEPTEMBER 2015 AT GRIMSTON


PRESENT

Mr. R. Easom  (Chairman)
Mr. J.A. Lomas
Mr. J. Davies
Mrs. M. Fenton (Clerk)
Cllr. J. Orson
2 Members of the Public

APOLOGIES  - Mr. R. Marsh, Miss F. Read & Cllr. E. Hutchison

The Chairman asked the members of the public if wished to speak on any matter.
John Davies asked for clarification on new Wards. Cllr. Orson explained the County Council changes due to increase in population in certain wards.  The County Council propose Asfordby Ward takes in part of Egerton from Melton North and the names of the Melton Wards may change.  The Consultation has ended and the Electoral Commission will make decision.
Cllr. Orson commented on Anti-Terrorism Act concerning prevention of people joining extremist groups in Leics.  Should be brought to attention of Village Hall Committee to be careful when taking bookings from strangers.

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING

The Minutes of the Meeting held on 5th August 2015 were approved and signed.

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

The Members had no interests to declare at this stage.

MATTERS ARISING

Play Area Safety Inspection Update - Clerk reported on incident regarding rope burn from broken Football Net.  The Net has been removed and new Net to be purchased.  The goal post sleeve has now been taped at bottom and satisfactory.  John Davies agreed to take over as Playground Inspector and monitor Play Area.
LRALC Branch Meeting - John Davies reported on Meeting attended.
LRALC Openness & Transparency Training - Clerk reported on Training attended.  Funding available to comply with Code eg. to set up new Website and provide Parish Council’s own computer, printer & scanner.  Clerk stated Parish Council are complying with Code but must ensure Agenda is displayed on Website for 3 clear days prior to Parish Council Meeting.  Correspondence regarding Code passed to John Davies to read and will discuss at next Meeting.

CORRESPONDENCE

The following items were brought to the attention of the Council:-
Melton Borough Council - Ward profiles for inclusion in Local Plan.  Decided to leave to Melton Borough Council. 
Rural Community Council - AGM & Community Achievement Awards.
Melton Borough Council - Information re Planning ‘Nuts & Bolts’ Training at LRALC.
Melton Borough Council - Parish Council Liaison Meeting 24th November.
Booklets Handed Out:
Clerks & Councils Direct

CHURCHYARD MOWING

The Clerk reported a request has been made from Margaret Sleath for an increase in Parish Council’s contribution towards churchyard mowing at Grimston.  Parish Council increased payment from £50 to £75 in 2009.  Decided to pay £75 tonight, contact Churchwardens and put on Agenda of next Meeting.

ACCOUNTS

Current Account £752.54
Deposit Account    £2133.94

Cheques signed as follows:-
E-on Energy Solutions Ltd. (Lighting maintenance) £45.14
E-on (August charge) £33.31
Summerland Contractors & Son £44.00
Grimston P.C.C. (Mowing) £75.00
Saxelbye P.C.C. (Mowing) £75.00

PLANNING MATTERS

15c Main Street, Grimston (Application No. 15/00664/TPO).  Crown lift by 5.5 metres & crown thin Sycamore Tree subject to T.P.O.  Parish Council agreed to support the Application.
Field OS2900, Main Street, Saxelbye (Application No. 15/00364/FUL). Amended Plans re. Proposed dwelling with associated stables & driveway.  The Parish Council has no further observations.
Grimston Lodge Stud, 75 Main Street, Grimston - Discharge of conditions (Ref. 2015/0617/061Dis).
For information.
The Cottage, 2 Ostlers Lane, Saxelbye (Application No. 15/00589/TCA).  Consent to Work on Trees received.

REMEMBRANCE SERVICE

The Chairman reported on email received from Gary Vickers asking Parish Council to consider suggestions for Remembrance Service.  The Chairman stated the Parish Council take care of War Memorial.  Decided not necessary to take more chains down, leave plaque in place and not necessary to clean.  Will put 4 chairs out for Service.  Chairman of Parish Council to lay Wreath.  Clerk to check with Margaret Sleath will get Wreath.

ANY OTHER BUSINESS

Tony Lomas reported on recent crimes in area.

DATE AND VENUE OF NEXT MEETING

Monday 19th October 2015 at 7.30 pm at Grimston.
© 2017 Stuart Inkley Computer Services. All Rights Reserved.